Getting immediate care and treatment are necessary for a person to avoid complications and prevent the complicated labyrinthitis to occur. Recovery may take one week to six weeks or in some cases may even take months or years to recover, depending on the complexity of the illness.
A close examination of the symptoms by an attending doctor will give him a chance to examine your ear and perhaps check your blood and other areas of concern.
Dizziness must be examined and must be confirmed that it was caused by the inner ear infection, since dizziness can also be caused by different factors like heart problems, pulmonary and neurological. The doctor must rule out these factors and conclude that dizziness is caused by the infection to get the necessary treatment.
If in some cases you experience vertigo try not to move your head too much and remain calm and stationary as possible. Extreme cases of vertigo doesn’t allow you to travel and seek the assistance of doctor who can do house visits.
Try to lessen or dim the lights so that you will not feel overly sensitive to it.
For Viral infections medicine will be recommended by the doctor coupled with bed rest. It may take some time for the virus to disappear on its own.
For Bacterial infections, doctors will prescribe antibiotics to suppress the bacteria. Some doctors normally observe the patient before prescribing medicine. If the infection is severe, hospitalization might be expected and surgery might be undertaken to drain or remove the liquid from the ear. It’s always advisable to keep your body healthy.
Here are following suggestions to keep your body free from sickness and quick recovery:
- Do not smoke. Second hand smokers especially children easily get affected by sicknesses.
- Immunize. Proper immunization methods are needed to help strengthen our immune system against illnesses. Take vitamins such as vitamin C to strengthen you immune system and help fight infection.
- Limit the use of child care, viruses can be transported easily especially to children.
- Avoid activities until your symptoms have completely disappeared.
- Minimize the intake of salt and sugar
- Since inner ear infections can be caused by head injuries, remove clutter from you house that may cause accidents.
- Drop some warm garlic oil in your ear and use clean ear buds to clean it. Garlic oil is a good anti- microbial tool to fight inner ear infections (if not severe).
- While having the infection it is advisable for the person to drink lemon juice, green/herbal tea, water, soup and eat vegetables and fruit to help your body recover quickly.
Taking care of our ears and body is very important to avoid sickness. Proper hygiene, diet, care and maintenance is needed to maximize its performance.
Remedies for simple sicknesses can be found at home or over the counter pharmacies. If in some cases an individual thinks that home remedies are not working. It is still best to consult a doctor and avoid further damage to happen to their body.